Re: Generalized rant.

Subject: Re: Generalized rant.
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 16:36:19 -0500

Greetings!

> The entire project is written
> in future tense, there are wishes and desires throughout the project, we
> have very complicated sentence structures that use really big words, and
> many other problems I must fix. Comma faults and comma splices everywhere.
> May's all over. Terminates instead of breaks. Several As mentioned
> earlier's. In a help file! Like the user read earlier! Like I could find
> earlier!

A massive Search/Replace does wonders for clearing out the crap. Even if I
don't like the way a writer structure/worded a document that I now have to
fix, I gotta tip my hat if the writer used the awful terminology
consistently. It makes it so much easier to fix!

> Just needed to rant to a few minutes. I have been fixing this 650+ topics
> help for 3 days. Getting goofy, I guess.

I hear ya sister! I generally make myself a big cup of tea, haul out my fav
CD of the day, plug in and plug away. Right now, I've got to make sense of
these horribly written/structured engineering documents. The engineers use
Word like it's some kinda Electro-Underwood!
<search/replace><search/replace><search/replace><search/replace>

Actually, I enjoy being the English Language/Desktop Layout Guru in the
area. I AM DRUNK WITH POWER!

Sip your tea and listen to your CD... You'll get through it!
--
Be seeing you,

John David Hickey
Lone Technical Writer
--
Farabi Technology Corporation
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com
514-332-3455

This sentence contradicts itself: no, wait, actually it doesn't.
--

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=