Re: Technical name for the #?

Subject: Re: Technical name for the #?
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:54:58 -0700

This question comes up regularly, so you'll find lots of answers in the
archive. What you use will depend on your usage. In telecommunications, it
is technically called an octothorpe (or so an engineer instructor told me in
a telecomm class long ago).

Number sign and pound sign seem more common.

How about checking some typing textbooks and see what it is called when
referring to that particular symbol on the keyboard?

Bev Parks
parksb -at- emh1 -dot- hqisec -dot- army -dot- mil

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=