[no subject]

From: WPAINE <WPAINE -at- LANIER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 15:28:44 -0500

Geoff Hart responding to list said

>>John Lilly is looking for a reasonably foolproof way to protect an
>>MSWord file from tampering.

>>John, I've got some bad news for you:..

>>So in short, what you want can't be done. End of discussion.

Won't agrue with anybody about this. But would like to suggest
possible alternative.

John, could your files/documents be compiled as stand alone help
files. This would give your users searchability, navigation,
transportability, and be printable. As Geoff pointed out, the documnet
could still be re-keyed. Then recompiled with another Help Authoring
tool, but the compile criteria would be very hard to duplicate
precisely.

You may have the same objections (?) to this method as the PDF option.
I don'tknow enough of your task to add more than this as an idea for
discussion.

Bill Paine

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=