Re: Kill the Certification Thread

Subject: Re: Kill the Certification Thread
From: Janet Valade <janetv -at- MAIL -dot- SYSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 16:34:02 -0800

<< Mostly I was responding to the comments that the thread should be
killed
> because it has been discussed before. "Search the Archives" seems to be an
> easy way of cutting a discussion off and of avoiding what one does not
> want
> to discuss. >>
Actually, it's not a question of not wanting to discuss it. It is a
question of recognizing a holy war when one sees one. From many past
experiences, I have learned:
* that I have nothing new to say on the subject; I have expressed
my opinion several times
* that no one is likely to say, "Oh, Thank you! I have seen the
light!"
* that bloodshed is likely to result during prolonged discussion of
holy war subjects

Other holy war subjects are: PC vs Mac, 1 space vs 2 after
sentences, and the need/value/irrelevance of a college degree.

Janet

Janet Valade
Technical Writer
Systech Corp, San Diego, CA