Re: QUERY: HAT w/o Word?

Subject: Re: QUERY: HAT w/o Word?
From: "William G. Meisheid" <wgm -at- SAGELINE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 09:28:37 -0500

>1. Can anyone recommend a good HAT (for WinHelp) that is NOT
>integrated with MS Word?

The best of breed is ForeHelp. You can download a working demo (limited to 20
topics) at www.ff.com I suggest you also go to Josef Becker's site and check out
the various shareware/freeware non-word tools there. www.helpmaster.com.

>2. I'm not very familiar with WordPerfect. If you create an .rtf
>file in Word Perfect, would links and formatting, and so on,
>remain intact if imported into an HAT, such as RoboHelp or Doc2Help?

You can bring an rtf file into most HATs but some, such a as Doc-To-Help use the
Word Doc format.

I hope that helps.

William Meisheid "Thoughts still and always in progress"
WUGNET/Help Authoring Forum Sysop & Microsoft MVP
Certified Baltimore/Washington area RoboHELP Training
Sageline Publishing 410.465.2040 Fax: 410.465.1812
http://www.sageline.com wgm -at- sageline -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=