Re: translations

Subject: Re: translations
From: Winfried Reng <winfried -dot- reng -at- STAR-GMBH -dot- DE>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 09:52:28 +0100

Hi,

>I have been asked to have some of our department's documentation translated
>from English to Japanese. One document is a FrameMaker 5.5 document that's
>about 300 pages. The other is a series of HTML documents.
>
>Can anyone recommend a translation service that can handle FrameMaker and
>HTML?

Our Japanese office (info -at- starjapan -dot- co -dot- jp) could certainly
handle both formats. They do translations with our translation
memory system Transit (http://www.star-ag.ch) that preserves
all formatting during the translation process. You don´t have
to worry about broken cross-reference links or missing
graphics anchors or untranslated index markers.
Text in cross-reference definitions, graphics text frames,
index markers, etc. is to be translated. All is taken care
by the system.
Transit can handle all dtp formats, also FrameMaker and HTMl.

Additional advantage: For the translation of your next update
Transit copies all text that appeared already in the first
version into the new document. Thus the translator has to
translate only new or changed text. -> Faster and cheaper.

If you need any additional info, please contact info -at- star-gmbh -dot- de
or our American distributor Multiling at http://www.multiling.com/

Best regards,

Winfried

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000