Re: Login or Logon

Subject: Re: Login or Logon
From: Jane Bergen <janeber -at- CYBERRAMP -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 20:00:45 -0600

You should use the term your users see on the UI (for example, Login
dialog). Either term is acceptable, so long as you use it
consistently. If you have a say in the UI design (ahhhh... a perfect
world!), go for Login. It seems to be more prevalent and it's also the
preferred term by the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical
Documentation (for what it's worth!).

Jane

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=