Your Opinion Please - Lecture Structure

Subject: Your Opinion Please - Lecture Structure
From: Frank Taylor <taylor_f -at- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 14:56:54 +0200

Dear Members

I am putting the finishing touches to the preparations for an exciting
lecture series on a subject that is highly relevant to our profession.

Whilst I have no doubt as to the relevance of the subject, I feel I
should poll your opinion as to the preferred length and structure of the
course.

Your opinion would be most welcome.

OPTION A:

Over 2 consecutive days with around 8 hours of intensive lectures per
day.

OPTION B:

Over 3 days (consecutive or split,) with around 7 hours of slightly less
intensive lectures per day.

CONSIDERATIONS:

The cost would be around 35% more for Option B.
The lectures in Option B would be less intensive due to the extra time
available and would cover more of the subject.
Would a company prefer to release employees for 2 days rather than 3?
If a company saw the logic in releasing an employee for 3 days, would it
be preferable to spread the lectures over 7-10 days or would 3
consecutive days be more acceptable?
Would freelancers prefer to attend a 2 day lecture series rather than a
3 day one?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Frank