Fw: Numbered list misbehaviour in Word97...

Subject: Fw: Numbered list misbehaviour in Word97...
From: Christine Champeaux <christine -at- CHAMPEAUX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 09:53:08 -0800

I've had a few battles with Word and numbering, and I too am more of a Frame
user. One solution that I used was to create a Word style that will reset
the number to 1 (style name: number1), and then set the next style for
standard sequential numbering (style name: numbers).

{this is similar to creating the paragraph styles in Frame, and I'm assuming
that most users have two tags for creating numbered lists--one tag for
starting a list, and a second tag for sequential numbering.}

Granted this solution means that you have to apply the style (number1) at
the beginning of lists, but it sure beats the headaches of seeing what
damage is done each time a new numbered list is added to your document.

Hope this helps!

Christine Champeaux

=

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=