please share your opinion

Subject: please share your opinion
From: Julie Levitt <julie_levitt -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 17:33:13 PST

Good afternoon. I am writing to ask you to share your opinion with me.

Currently I am enrolled in the Certificate Program in Technical
Communication at the University of Washington. For a class project, I
am researching this question:

How does an aspiring technical communicator land that first
technical communication job?

I would appreciate any suggestions you might have in answer to this
question. For purposes of structuring your answer, please assume that:
the individual has a four-year degree in a field other than technical
communication or computer science; has not worked as a journalist or
software tester but has at least five years' experience in the workforce
in some other occupation (perhaps related to communication, perhaps
not); currently is enrolled in a technical communication certificate
program that will finish next June; has some word processing software
ability, some page layout or design software ability, and some knowledge
of HTML but does not know a programming language; has a good work ethic;
and has a professional attitude coupled with a desire to enter the
field. Further, to the extent that it may affect your answer, please
assume that the person is open to any sort of technical communication
job including but not limited to software documentation, instructional
design, editing, indexing, content writing, help authoring, and so forth
(the students have widely varying skills and interests).

Please send your responses to me at my e-mail address:

julie_levitt -at- hotmail -dot- com -dot-

If you like, I will credit you by name in the written materials. (The
materials will be disseminated only to the class.)

I am most grateful for your assistance. Thank you.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=