Re: CHANGING MESSAGE THREADS

Subject: Re: CHANGING MESSAGE THREADS
From: Mike Starr <mike -dot- starr -at- PLATINUM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 10:50:20 -0600

When the list was mirrored to Usenet, it was very manageable for me because I
could start my newsreader, and know that everything in the newsgroup was tech
writing. I could allocate my time to just that. I didn't have to worry about 50
to 100 messages dropping into my email queue and interrupting my work with
messages that I have email when it was the mailing list which I like to ponder
at the beginning of my day and then ignore for the rest of the day. All the
messages were threaded, I could kill threads I wasn't interested in, life was
good. Then the mirroring failed a few months ago and for whatever reason has
never been resurrected. So now, to partially maintain my preference for dealing
with the list only in the morning I've moved into the digest version and lost
threading but for me it's the best alternative.

One thing that I wish was possible was the ability to respond to an individual
message in the digest without having to quote the whole digest then snip out
the excess. I suspect that if a programmer spent some time looking at majordomo
that there would be some way of building response links into the subject lines
of the individual items of the digest but I doubt that there's much incentive
for anyone to do that.

Mike

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=