FW: The Kiss of Death

Subject: FW: The Kiss of Death
From: Tracey Moore <traceym -at- APPLIEDMAPPING -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 15:08:06 -0400

Scott Miller wrote "Some people are just extremely adverse to all things military."

I agree. And I recommend that you put it on your resume anyway. It's a great way to weed out the folks you DON'T want to work for.

You are interviewing a company as much as much they are interviewing you. During my last job search I only sent my resume via email--no hardcopy resumes, no faxes unless specifically requested, no post office.

The reason is simple: I don't want to work for a company, or individual, that isn't working online. Not a slant against any company or individual that doesn't or prefers hardcopy; it's just my preference.

So set your standard for the type of company and individual you'd like to work for. Certainly it would be one that respects your military experience.

(Don't forget: You're probably going to spend more time with these people than you do your own family.)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000