Re: Ethical Problem

Subject: Re: Ethical Problem
From: Katav <katav -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 14:18:44 -0700

(via ER)

''..today I'm going back in to the boss...for a one-on-one. What I
will say is to explain how his behavior has damaged the ego of our
talented, but impressionable young team member, and that I EXPECT HIM
TO MAKE AMENDS TO HER ASAP ( maybe a new letter and a heart-felt
apology?).

''IF he refuses, I plan to take it to the Director.

''Should I start polishing up my resume?''

=======================

Yes.

Standing up for the youngster is commendable (and expected), but
you are putting your job on the line NOT by confronting your manager
BUT by going over that manager's head (although I think this action is
appropriate). I once had a knee-jerk manager; he was consistent so I
learned to ignore his initial reactions: let him cool off, and then
revisit the ''problem.''

CAVEAT: This scriver is fond of telling one and
all, including his current employer, that
''I was looking for a job when I got here and
I can look for a job again -- but I don't want
to (look again).'' My resume IS up-to-date.

==
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
''Despise not any person and do not deem anything unworthy
of consideration, for there is no person without his hour,
and no thing without its place'' {Ben Azzai [Avot 4:2]}

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=