Thanks from "Not even Newbe, Wantabe"

Subject: Thanks from "Not even Newbe, Wantabe"
From: Wayne White <jewe -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 13:33:07 -0000

Dear Gang,

*Thanks* to all who e-mailed me directly or posted to the list. I won't
summarize the definitions because I've learned such things are easily
accessible through web sites and glossaries. I do appreciate those who took
time to respond, especially Dick Margulis, who had to have drank at least
three cups of coffee on his treatise for me. I have been reading every post
for the last month and I feel the tech writers who post to this list have to
be the *most altruistic people in the world*. I have learned a lot about
tech writing from reading the posts. I am approaching the end of my e-mail
course, "So you want to be a tech writer". I have a lot more to learn, but I
have the direction now.

I have one more favor to ask. I have searched the archives and I found only
one old post concerning my situation. I am an automobile technician with a
degree in journalism. (I know it's a strange combination but I got the
degree first, was a probation officer for 11 years, and then opened my own
repair shop in 1987).

I wanted to enter the tech writing field in *automotive tech writing*. I
have searched every job listing engine on the net and have found only one
job listing in Detroit, MI. I am in the Atlanta, GA. area and cannot move to
Detroit.

Does anyone have any information on the automotive tech writing area? And,
in particular, does anyone know if such jobs exist in Atlanta? Thanks in
advance for any help.

WAYNE WHITE
e-mail: jewe -at- mindspring -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=