JOB: Seattle, Washington, US; Technical Writer

Subject: JOB: Seattle, Washington, US; Technical Writer
From: Lori <lori -at- CARTIA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 08:14:40 -0700

Cross-posted to FrameMaker lists

Cartia, Inc. is looking for an exceptional Technical Writer to be an
integral part of a small team.

About the Company
Founded in 1996 under the name ThemeMedia, Cartia develops breakthrough
products that integrate corporate information from diverse sources.
ThemeScape?, our flagship product, automatically harvests diverse content,
performs sophisticated lexical analysis to extract key themes and topics,
and organizes the documents into interactive maps, enabling users to
understand and investigate an entire information landscape at a glance.

Job Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced technical writer to create documentation
for both high skill-level audiences and unsophisticated users.
Responsibilities include writing hard-copy manuals and HTML-based help.
Participation in technical publications team tasks is expected, including
peer editing, template maintenance, and style guide creation. The technical
publications team is an integral part of product development, participating
in development meetings with the product team, quality assurance, and user
interface design. We also work closely with the marketing staff to ensure a
consistency between marketing materials and technical publications.

Experience Level:
Must have exceptional grammatical skills along with solid editing ability,
including the ability to organize complex content, develop indexes, work
with style guides, and review other writers' work. The work requires
knowledge of the Windows operating environment, FrameMaker, HTML and
HTML-based help systems, and familiarity with simple graphics programs.

The ability to work collaboratively in a team atmosphere, as well as
individually, and to provide backup for other writing projects is
necessary. Must have 2-4 years' experience in commercial software
development along with a BA or BS degree, or equivalent experience.

How to Apply:
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, and benefits. If you are
interested in applying for an available position, please contact us one of
the following ways:

e-mail: lori -at- cartia -dot- com (MS Word, PDF, HTML formats accepted)

Fax: (425) 602-3570, Attn: Lori

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=