FWD: Conclusion RE: An ugly incident

Subject: FWD: Conclusion RE: An ugly incident
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 20:19:25 -0600

Name withheld upon request. Please do not reply.

Hello again:

I appreciate the comments and regret that this discussion disintegrated into
a sexist debate. Because you don't know me, I will tell you that the sexist
discussion is not relevant to my situation. The gender of my ex-boss is a
non-issue. In fact, two of my previous managers are women and they have my
highest respect. They were my mentors I enthusiastically list them as
professional references. Please let the sexist discussion drop; it's
insulting.

Secondly, I feel I have had sufficient replies that pointed me in the
direction of an attorney. I will wait until the end of the month for my
severance. If I don't get it, I will then meet with legal council.

In the meantime, I had two job interviews today and one offer, which boosted
my confidence level. I was doubting myself because of the situation. I agree
with those who said my timing was bad; I learned my lesson. I've also
learned a few things about office politics and games people play. I love my
work, perhaps to a fault. I have learned that I do not want to be a manager
nor do I want to work for people who don't appreciate ability. They did me a
favor--that's the bottom line.

Again, thanks for the comments. I read and thought about them all. Now,
let's get back to business. I'm sorry this discussion got out of hand.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=