Shipping a product with only the online help

Subject: Shipping a product with only the online help
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 13:15:05 -0400

Greetings!

To my dismay, my project leader has decided to try sending out a product
with only the online help. No installation guide, no user's guide. He says
he'd like to see how much the customer's complain when they don't get any
documentation.

Have any of you had clients ship the products out with little or no
documentation? How did the clients respond? Did they respond at all? Was it
a PR nightmare to justify the lack of documentation?

I search the archives and found some information on this, but it was dated
for over two years ago. Any recent findings?
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
John David Hickey (jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com)
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/

Lone Writer at Farabi Technology Corp. (Montreal, Quebec)

They say the pen is mighter than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
--
Do not confuse my opinons with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=