Re: Question: When to use Select or Choose?

Subject: Re: Question: When to use Select or Choose?
From: Pierre Roberge <PRoberge -at- FAMICTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:47:41 -0400

For me the word Choose means that a person is faced with several
posibilities and must decide which one is the most appropriate.

The word Select comes in after a choice has been made and represents
more an action to be taken after the thought process.

When I describe a fixed procedure (leaving the user no choice), I always
use the word Select and when the procedure I am describing involves a
choice to be made by the user I use the word Choose.

For example:
Choose your default printer....
Select the HPXXXX printer

Pierre Roberge