Re: Word Connotations

Subject: Re: Word Connotations
From: Scott Miller <smiller -at- PORTAL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 11:55:26 -0700

The first time I heard "ubiquitous" was when someone was describing certain
images in pre-colombian artifacts. So, that was neutral. However, I think
I've heard it more in negative connotations than positive, usually when
describing pesky things, but that's probably because being ubiquitous is
often a trait of pesky things. Like, mosquitos, and people who talk during
concerts and movies, and people who tailgate. On the other hand, all too
often good things are hard to come by, so they are not usually ubiquitous.

- Scott Miller
smiller -at- portal -dot- com

> Concerning the word "ubiquitous"
>
> Does it have a negative, positive, or neutral connotation?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=