Re: Which is correct/best?

Subject: Re: Which is correct/best?
From: Steve Gotler <sngotler -at- GOTLER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 16:28:51 -0400

I would try to remove the synonyms and use only one of the terms. I doubt
anyone reads introductions anyway. Synonyms probably just confuse your
readers and make your phone ring more often.

If you can't remove the synonyms (e.g, because the interchangeable terms
appear elsewhere, like in a GUI) then omit the "require clarification"
sentence. It's unnecessary. For example:

The following terms in this manual are interchangeable:
- X
- Y
- Z

or, just say it. For example:

In this manual, "X" and "Y" both mean "Z".

Tersely yours,
Steve Gotler
sngotler -at- gotler -dot- com
http://www.gotler.com