Re: Demonstrating Click and Drag Selection on Paper

Subject: Re: Demonstrating Click and Drag Selection on Paper
From: Kat Nagel <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 10:59:06 -0400

Tom Johnson:
>My point is that will
>this new technology really make better surgeons when they start
adding
>computer savy to their skill set. Will they still have time for
keeping up
>with new medical developments. Not to mention the reality of putting
lives
>on the line (or should I say on-line?).

They will probably deal with this device in the same way they deal
with all the others. If it is useful but interferes with the part of
the profession they actually enjoy, they will hire staff to use it or
they will refer (in the case of equipment actually used during an
office visit or surgery) or outsource (in the case of diagnostic or
therapy toys) to another company that has the equipment.

Orthopedic surgeons rarely have rooms full of fancy knee-exercise
equipment. They refer patients to a hospital clinic or an
independent physical therapy clinic. Gastroenterologists don't do
complex chemical or radiological diagnostic tests in their own
offices. They refer patients to a clinical lab or a radiologist.
And while the radiologist decides which equipment to buy, it isn't
actually the radiologist who runs it. They hire technicians to do
that, send them to a short/cheap training program, and build a shelf
for the reference manuals.

K@
katnagel
@eznet.net
Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting Services
Technical writing | Editing | Conversions | Webstuff

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=