Re: Demonstrating Click and Drag Selection on Paper

Subject: Re: Demonstrating Click and Drag Selection on Paper
From: Kat Nagel <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 10:45:13 -0400

>I'm a little bit worried about how well the physicians will carry
out their
>tasks if they have no prior computer experience. Is what they're
doing
>critical to some patient's health?

Judging by what I've seen in clinics, hospitals, and doctors' offices
the last few years, the doctor will use it once or twice, and expect
the manual to give extremely detailed step-by-step instructions to
lead the user through each procedure. Then the task will be turned
over to a nurse or technician who will glance through the manual
once, say "Well, of COURSE", and use it properly without ever needing
to look at the introductory part of the manual again.

So...the ideal manual will have a detailed introductory tutorial
(covering a few basic tasks) for the salescritter to show to the MD
who makes the purchasing decisions and pays the bill, and a truly
-great- reference section and index for the staff who will work with
it day after day <g>.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=