Re: Designing a survey

Subject: Re: Designing a survey
From: Barbara Karst-Sabin <barbara -at- QUOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 10:57:26 -0700

This is going to be a pretty vague answer, but...there are lots of books
on the subject. It's a very specialized field.

When I was going through my courses for certification as a course
developer, one of the requirements was a class in writing tests and
surveys.

So, I'd say that a good place to start might be by calling a
University's Ed Dept. They probably have at least one such text as
required reading. (It's been six years since I took the course and I
have no clue what mine was. Sorry.)

BJ

tmazz wrote:

> We are designing a survey and would like to know if anyone has
> any words of wisdom regarding surveys, sample questions,
> questions to avoid, and so on. (We document software.)
>
> Thank you,
>
> --
> Theodora Mazza
> Technical Writer