Re: Document Management Systems

Subject: Re: Document Management Systems
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 10:29:01 -0700

Try Livelink. Livelink can be customized for your company. You can check
documents in and out and add explanations why you did it. You can keep
anyone from reading your document and you can put it out there for the
world.

Marilynne

At 08:32 AM 10/6/98 , Cathriona Riordan wrote:
>Can anyone suggest a good, simple way of managing documents?
>
>I need to create a system that will allow co-workers to work on each
>other's project documents. The system needs to track changes, so that we
>know who wrote what version, what changes they made, and which version
>of a document is the most recent.
>
>It should also allow me to restrict access to certain documents. I don't
>want any busy-bodies messing with my precious user guides!
>
>Our company uses SourceSafe for managing source code, but I've been told
>that this isn't suitable for documents, some of which are quite large.
>
>Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. You can reply to the
>list or directly to me at criordan -at- flexicom -dot- ie -dot-
>
>Thanks
>Cathriona
>
>From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

Marilynne Smith marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com
Sr. Technical Writer (619) 651-6664
QUALCOMM AE-203B
"We'll have the whole world talking"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=