stripey scroll bars

Subject: stripey scroll bars
From: Alex Dianna <AADiann -at- ACCUSORT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 10:58:11 EST5EDT

Mark Magennis <markmagennis -at- YAHOO -dot- COM mentioned the "stripey scroll
bar" effect in ScreenCam.

I have seen this in a few static screen captures and was wondering if
there is any way around it, short of doing a pixel-for-pixel color
swap. Actually, the ones I've seen have more of a checkerboard
pattern when *printed* (not on screen).

Does this occur in the process of capturing the screen elements
(using Ctrl + Print Screen)? Is the app (Paint Shop Pro) I use to
make the screen cap into an image file causing it? Is it the format
in which I save the image (usually .png or .wmf)? Ack. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alex

Alex Dianna
Technical Writer