Document Control vs Source Control

Subject: Document Control vs Source Control
From: joe <joe -at- MANAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 11:07:45 -0700

The engineers in this company use a source-control product called MKS
(Source Integrity). Formerly, they used StarTeam but switched over.

I've been asked to use MKS for document control (the user guides, etc.).
I'm reading the MKS manual and creating a project which includes check
in, check out, version control, etc.

However, the manual is obviously written for programmers and I'm
wondering if it's common practice for tech pubs to use the source
control software too, or whether they pay extra and use software
designed for doc projects?

tia.

begin:          vcard
fn:             joe malone
n:              malone;joe
org:            manage.com
email;internet: joe -at- manage -dot- com
title:          manager, information development
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard