HELP TW --> Manager in onejump. Documentation Management

Subject: HELP TW --> Manager in onejump. Documentation Management
From: Jack Bybee <editor -at- VICONET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 07:55:04 -0400

To All:
Written in haste. I will check out the archives as well.

I've been on my (Y2k specific) contract for about 3 weeks Till now, I've
been a tech writer (although I've run my own company.) Working in the
BUSY project office, high-tech flying back and forth, not to mention
consultants and the like, is an *interesting* challenge.

Yesterday in a meeting I was told: "There is NO editorial process.
You're it. You're writer, editor, (Document dept.) project manager. Make
it happen. Next."

HELP! What are the traps? What should I do? What should I not do? Any
tips gladly accepted. Any books anyone can recommend.

Thank you,

Jack Bybee, STC
Now: Y2k Documentation Lead (or somesuch...)

Peter Collins wrote:

> Dear Keith, you wrote
> "My two questions are: is the writer a manager as well as writer, and
> also, should I walk away from this project which seems to be more
> documentation management (even though the IPs seem to value this
> process
> to a small degree), or try to slug it out.
It seems as though I've got
> to beg, plead, and become a real SOB, write well, and provide graphic
> design skills for this position all at once. Am I Super Technical
> Writer
> here or what? Help."<major SNIP inserted>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=