Absquatulate

Subject: Absquatulate
From: rivka <rivka -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 07:56:42 -0700

I think every technical writer should be using this word
regularly!! See below.
Also good dictionary site for the web.
Cheers.
Rivka

"...During questioning, Zaban admitted that he helped a
Hamas commander
in Samaria to absquatulate from prison in Shechem...."

At 07:11 PM 9/14/98 +0200, you wrote:
What on earth is "absquatulate"? It is in today's news
about a foiled Hamas bombing.
It's not in any dictionary I have.
Rivka

>Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
[web1913]
>absquatulate \Ab*squat"u*late\, v. i.
> To take one's self off; to decamp. [A jocular word.
U. S.]

>----
>Source: WordNet (r) 1.6 [wn]
>absquatulate
> v : run away; usually includes taking something or
somebody
> along [syn: abscond, bolt, decamp, run off,
{go
> off}]
>see: www.dictionary.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=