Single Source HTML <-> FRAME

Subject: Single Source HTML <-> FRAME
From: "John J. Gardiner" <jgard -at- SLIP -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:36:22 -0700

I have a client who is interested in creating both a platform-independent
HTML help system and a hard copy user guide. This client wants to single
source both sets of documentation as much as possible.

I am guessing the process should be:

1) Using FrameMaker, write/review/edit the hard copy doc
2) Using WebWorks Lite, export the doc to HTML
3) When making subsequent changes, return to Step 1

I have also heard that Web Help can do these tasks, though it forces me to
use Word (yuck) and does not address the hard copy side of the equation.
Any suggestions/tips/criticisms are appreciated.

John J. Gardiner
Technical Documentation and Design
www.johngardiner.com

Online Help * User Guides * Documentation
HTML * Graphic Design
e-mail: info -at- johngardiner -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=