Re: Frame Question

Subject: Re: Frame Question
From: Steve Gotler <sngotler -at- GOTLER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 09:54:16 -0400

Paragraph Designer (Ctrl-M) > Commands > Global Update Options. Be careful.
It is not intuitive. At least read the Help section first.

You can also save your frame files as MIF files and do global search and
replace in a text editor or word processor. But that is sometimes tricky.
Then open the edited MIF files in Frame and save them as FM files.

When you have an existing document that you are importing a new template
to, is
there an easy way to find a particular paragraph tag and change it to a tag
in
your new catalog globally? I can see how you find a particular paragraph
tag in
Frame, but I don't see an easy solution for globally updating that
particular
tag to a new one within the document. Right now, I'm having to highlight
the
old tags, and then select the new tag to be applied in bits and pieces
throughout the document. It would save a lot of time to be able to say
"find
all the step1 tags, and change them to exercisestep tags", etc.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=