Re: FWD: Resources for Do's and Don't of Contracting

Subject: Re: FWD: Resources for Do's and Don't of Contracting
From: "Porrello, Leonard" <leonard -dot- porrello -at- COMPAQ -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 06:07:55 -0700

On John's point below, exactly how does one get the highest rate? I have
researched the archive on this issue, but I still have the following
questions. I really need concrete and specific information.

For my current job I write, edit, and fully manage my projects from start to
finish. I work with developers, from engineering specs, and with the
application to create and maintain the document suite for which I am
responsible.

Exactly how does all of that translate into $$$ when I negotiate my salary?
How does one arrive at a wage to ask for and how does one justify it to an
employer--potential or current?

Thanks in advance!

Leonard Porrello
Compaq, Telecom Network Solutions