HTML PAGE BREAKS - 2 options

Subject: HTML PAGE BREAKS - 2 options
From: Katav <katav -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:00:19 -0700

Several people asked about html page breaks.

ERIC RAY pointed out that html has no page break provision; and he is
correct.

Page break IS a feature/function of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
Since the two most common and freely distributed browsers (IE 4 and
Netscape 4.04 - both "and later") [apparently] support CSS, this
scrivener looks at html in a broader ("includes CSS") sense.

IN ANY EVENT, the page break is a function of CSS and the page break
information -- along with other useful CSS coding -- is available at
http://www.umu.se/mirror/www.ncdesign.org/html/sindex.htm

THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE to CSS and it is called Adobe PDFWriter
(~US$30 from Adobe). I regularly "print" an html file to PDF and print
selected pages from the PDF file. Works like a charm. Course the PDF
option is on the READER's side; if the AUTHOR wants to include page
breaks, that's a CSS application.

Apologies for the delay in responding; I've been under the Y2K gun.

==
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
''Despise not any person and do not deem anything unworthy
of consideration, for there is no person without his hour,
and no thing without its place'' {Ben Azzai [Avot 4:2]}

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=