Re[2]: Warning re: importing by reference

Subject: Re[2]: Warning re: importing by reference
From: Elizabeth Kane <bkane -at- ARTISOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 14:33:23 -0700

Marilynne,
In the case of the graphics guy's stuff, he often used a single
imported-by-reference graphic in several different files, located in
different folders. So that added to my problems. If they were already
in the folder where the main doc lives, there wouldn't be much of a
problem.

Apparently, even though he needed to use it in several docs, he wanted
only one copy of each graphic residing on his machine, to save space.
One example is a company logo. It's so small anyway, it could've been
copied into the doc.

As I sort out this mess, I've been making multiple copies of the same
imported-by-ref grpahics, placing each copy in a folder where a doc
that uses it resides. I think that accomplishes what you're talking
about, but I am taking up more hard drive space with this method.

Thanks,
Beth

<snip>
If you keep the graphics in a folder in the same folder as your document,
then import by reference, it should be a fairly simple thing to keep
graphics and documents together.

Marilynne

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=