Re: Reviewer's sign-off sheet

Subject: Re: Reviewer's sign-off sheet
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 15:01:07 -0400

Greetings Jennifer!

> I'm doing a sign-off sheet for the reviewers of our manuals and
> wonder what info or statements you include on yours. How specific do
> you make them to a particular manual or do you keep them general?

In addition to all the clearing signatures, version numbers, and other
technical information, I would also include a list of what you expect the
reader/editor to check for. This covers your keister when they say "I didn't
know I was supposed to be looking for that!"

I also use four different cover sheets: sample draft, 1st draft, 2nd draft,
3rd (final) draft. Each cover sheet explains the level of checking the
reader should be doing and the level of accuracy they can expect (1st
draft-least amount of accuracy).

Even if you have to chase after the SMEs, get those signatures! They can
really save you in thorny situations.
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com
Lone "Documentation Boy" at Farabi Technology Corp.
Montreal, Quebec

4000+ readers? I Am Drunk With Power! <maniacal laughter>
---

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=