Word 7 & moving graphics

Subject: Word 7 & moving graphics
From: Diane Williams <diane_williams -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:06:11 -0700

Does anyones know how to keep MS Word 7.0 running under Win95 from
mcving graphic lines and boxes around? I keep trying different methods
of locking the anchor for the drawing item (margin, paragraph, etc.),
but the graphics jump all over the place (from .1 to 1 inch out of
place--usually vertically) both on screen and in print on both an HP
4si and HP 5si. It's driving me nuts. I can't get a clean camera-ready
original!

I'm using text examples of screens surrounded by a border for screen
shots. I'm using Word's callout boxes with lines pointing to the area
of text I'm discussing in the instructions. The only graphic elements
on the page are the lines used for borders and linking the callout
boxes with the text. I've group these callout boxes with lines to
point at either shaded boxes used in the background as a highlight or
to plain rectangles or circles drawn around the fields on the
screenshots.

Word will not leave the graphics where I've anchored them. I've tried
various combinations of using horizontal hold with column and margin,
and vercial hold with margin and paragraph. I'm not sure which
paragraph the graphic is anchoring to, but I don't want to lock the
graphic to the page because it's circling text.

Any ideas out there? I'm also having problems with the HP 4 si
printing some of the shaded areas as totally black and printing the
.75-point lines too light.

Thanks,
Diane Williams
diane_williams -at- yahoo -dot- com