Re: Mouseless Internetting, yet...

Subject: Re: Mouseless Internetting, yet...
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ML -dot- ORG>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 10:18:08 -0800

On Sat, 22 Aug 1998 11:54:35 -0400, Ridder, Fred wrote:

>>I dunno about IE, but Netscape since at least V3 has had a "Links" menu
>that should allow you to access any links on the page, whether hidden
>behind text or images.
>
>Maybe I'm blind or incredibly forgetful, but I can't recall ever seeing
>such a menu in a Netscape browser. I have Navigator versions 2, 3.01,
>and 4 on my system, and none of them display such a menu, nor can
>I find any menu option to turn on such a menu. Are you perhaps
>referring to the Netscape Composer editor? I do find a Links menu in
>that app...

Okay, I'll qualify that: I'm looking right now at the OS/2 version of
Navigator 2.02 (which is the guts of 3.x with 2.02's front-end). The
menu bar lists so: File, Edit, View, Go, Bookmarks, LINKS (emphasis
added), Options, Directory, Window, and Help.

Looking now at the recently-released beta of Navigator 4.04 for OS/2:
File, Edit, View, Go, Communicator, Help and LINKS.

At the moment, I'm sitting in bed writing on my laptop, and really
don't feel like getting up to go check Netscape on my wife's 'Doze95
machine... if it doesn't have this feature, I'll have to take your word
for it :-)

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armor to
lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores
the fact that it was he, who by peddling second-rate technology, led
them into it in the first place."
- Douglas Adams, author of
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".
full text: http://www.mg.co.za/mg/news/adams.html