Re: FWD: Challenging and oppressive SME situation

Subject: Re: FWD: Challenging and oppressive SME situation
From: ""Renée L. LaPlume"" <rlaplume -at- RORKE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:17:04 -0500

><snip> Frankly, I've been too busy to address all of these issues
>as they come up. But I don't know. Am I better off just leaving this
>alone and keeping my mouth shut until I'm in a position to take
>another job?

No. Leaving the situation alone and not communicating
are not what will help you maintain your equilbrium.
The replies others have sent so far offer many excellent
alternatives; use some/all of them.

Even if you end up taking another job in the long term,
if you have at least tried to manage your reaction to
this situation (remember, that's the part of this "mess"
that's still under in your control), you will:
- feel better for having tried
- have nurtured your internal strenth and developed
coping mechanisms that will help you during future
difficulties (which likely seem like a breeze by
comparison to your current situation <g>)

Take care,
Renée
Renée L. LaPlume
Rorke Data, Inc. - Software Services Division

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000