help- word and toc

Subject: help- word and toc
From: Cyndy Davis <kivrin -at- ZDNETMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 09:31:28 -0700

I'm hoping someone out there has a solution to this problem since Microsoft's web site is of no help.

I am trying to create a table of contents for several documents. If I generate a TOC at the end of the doc and then cut and paste it into a new document, Word wants to update the fields when I print. Since Word can't find the fields (they are in seperate docs) it displays the 'Error bookmark not defined' error message.

Is there a way to convert a generated item to text (i.e. Frame's "convert to text" command for cross references)?

I would also welcome any suggestions on how to link the files together if that approach would work better. I can't move the docs into Frame, the users have to have the doc in Word.

Thanks!
Cyndy Davis
Technical Writer
Lenexa, KS

Free web-based email, anytime, anywhere!
ZDNet Mail - http://www.zdnetmail.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=