JOB: Dir of Info Development - Culver City, CA

Subject: JOB: Dir of Info Development - Culver City, CA
From: Kathryn Marshall <kmarshall -at- MODACAD -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 13:20:21 -0700

Hi all. I'll soon be moving into Product Management (a step I have
voluntarily taken!), which leaves my job up for grabs. If you're
interested or have questions, please reply to me directly.

-Kathy

Position: Director of Information Development
Closing Date: September 4, 1998
Company: ModaCAD, Inc. (http://www.modacad.com)

Qualifications
B.A. or B.S. degree, preferably in Technical Writing, English, or a
Communications-related field, at least 5 years experience in technical
communication, and at least 2 years management experience. Position
requires strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of
management, members of technical staff, and to collaborate with members
of the Information Development staff. Must be able to manage multiple
products, meet deadlines with limited supervision, and be a team player.
Proficiency with FrameMaker, RoboHELP, Word a must. Knowledge of
Photoshop, Acrobat, HTML helpful.

Job Description
Note: This position is currently 50% writing and 50% managing (there
will be less writing once writing staff is in place - we're still
hiring).

Management duties:
--Manage and supervise a staff of 3-4 writers.
--Assign writers to projects and track their schedules.
--Attend weekly product development meetings with other department
managers.
--Keep up with latest trends in technical writing and ensure staff is
properly trained.
--Enforce style guides and department policies and procedures.
--Help put in place a strategic plan for the department and update it
periodically.
--Provide bi-monthly status reports to CEO. (This position reports
directly to the CEO.)
--Manage printing process for manuals: serve as point of contact for
printing vendors; prepare files for printing, review proofs, etc.

Writing duties:
--Design and develop documentation such as user guides, online help,
training and marketing materials.
--Revise existing user manuals to adhere to documentation style guide.
--Review and edit work of other Information Development staff.
--Aid in QA testing.
--Contribute to employee newsletter.

Submit resumes to:
Kathryn Marshall
ModaCAD, Inc.
Fax: 310-751-2124
E-mail: kmarshall -at- modacad -dot- com
No phone calls please.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=