Re: helpful things for RSI (Was "Help! Need an ergonomic mouse")

Subject: Re: helpful things for RSI (Was "Help! Need an ergonomic mouse")
From: Lydia Wong <lydiaw -at- FPOINT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 16:57:37 -0400

Hi all,

I'm sorry if I'm repeating information, but I deleted earlier parts of this
discussion without realizing the topic was RSI.

David Girardot made several great suggestions, but to I'd like to add some
advice. I've had carpal tunnel problems for over a year. I HIGHLY recommend
you seek physical therapy, if you haven't done so already.

From talking with several people and my own experience with the physical
therapists, this condition affects people in a very individual way. My
physical therapists were able to focus on what my problems were and suggest
specific exercises/solutions for those problems. Their
time/expertise/facilities were instrumental in enabling me to cope with my
carpal tunnel. (Notice I didn't say they cured it; for me, that just isn't
going to happen. But I am able to manage it pretty well now.)

Talk with your doctor and get a referral to a physical therapist if you can.
I think you'll find it's worth the effort/time.

Lydia
Lydia Wong
Technical Writer
FarPoint Technologies, Inc.