Re: Windows NT screen capture

Subject: Re: Windows NT screen capture
From: "Amy G. Peacock" <apeacock -at- WOLFENET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 08:12:17 -0700

I've actually held off adding my ideas and techniques about this but
this time I'll put them out there.

I have a program called MS Netmeeting. I think it might be a freebie
thing but I'm not sure. I can try to find out if anyone is interested.

Anyway, Netmeeting has a tool called whiteboard - (netmeeting is
generally for sharing info and chatting over the internet) and
whiteboard has a screen capture tool. Click on an icon in whiteboard.
Netmeeting is automatically minimized, and a crosshairs pointer shows
up. Then you click on the window you want and it copies it to the
white board.

A couple of things:

1. The screen you want to capture has to be in front.
2. Each screen capture gets pasted to the whiteboard individually -
that means you can move the captures around (they stay separate).
3. No excess stuff to cut away (as in using the print screen key).
4. There is often a little distortion of color when you paste the
images from WB into paint.
5. There is also a tool in WB that lets you cut out parts of the
screen - but I haven't used this much.
6. One bummer is that it won't let you capture drop-down menus...I use
print screen for that.

It's kind of a nifty little tool really - it's been working for me
until I get something better. It is a bit of a hassle to cut and paste
into paint and then save the images as .bmp.
On the other hand I like how I can have just a couple of files that
contain all of my images - ala scrapbook style. That's been handy.

Amy Peacock
techwriter & jewelrymaker
Snohomish, Washington
apeacock -at- wolfenet -dot- com

"How do I set my laser printer to stun?"

These are my opinions, not my employer's.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=