Re: Being dumb...

Subject: Re: Being dumb...
From: Jason Willebeek-LeMair <jlemair -at- ITEXCHSRV2 -dot- PHX -dot- MCD -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 13:55:56 -0700

Andrew,

> Guess what, so do you. We all have a "dumb-center" in our brain. For
> =
> the most part it does all the work while we sit around and think about
> =
> sex.

Actually, for us married-with-children people, the dumb-center does all
the work while we sit around and think about how to get 5 uninterrupted
minutes on the toilet.

Uh, and now the tie-in with technical communication. You can do a lot
of proofing with some quiet time on the toilet! 8-)

I see the same thing on this list as I see in my home state of Arizona.
People move in here from all over, then start griping about people
moving here from all over.

I seriously doubt that the majority of the list participants went to
school to become a tech writer. Probably wasn't their first job either.
But now that they have moved in and pissed in the corners to stake their
territory, they get defensive about others doing the same.

I, for one, would welcome someone from engineering, law, basket weaving,
secretarial, janitorial, or any other field who was truly interested in
learning how to 'whirl.

On the other hand, I have also heard about (and seen while hiring)
engineers and db admins who use TW as a fallback position because it
"looks easy" and because they have "much tougher jobs -- how hard can it
be?" Now, that is worth arguing about.

Jason

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=