Re: Response to Documentation Girls Flaming

Subject: Re: Response to Documentation Girls Flaming
From: "Porrello, Leonard" <leonard -dot- porrello -at- COMPAQ -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 10:08:09 -0700

What gets me is that though many people fly off the handle at "girl or "boy"
(rightfully, perhaps, unless we are speaking of the pre-pubescent), no one
seems bothered by the imperialistic "lady" or "gentleman". In a democratic
society, those seem equally onerous.

Leonard Porrello
Compaq, Telecom Division
Pubs, Omaha