Tech Writer's LIst

Subject: Tech Writer's LIst
From: Rebecca Carr <rebecca -at- WHITE -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 19:28:46 -0500

Stan:

You've really jumped the gun on this one.

I've been a tech writer for 13+ years and I find that this list keeps
me head and shoulders above the rest of the employees in my documentation
group. Usually, I find out any news worth knowing about tech writing
FIRST on the list. I then pass it on to others on our team. This discussion
list is made up of an unusually talented group of individuals, who
by and large discuss useful topics and really try to help each other
with problems. I've posed several questions to the list and received
a number of useful responses.

Sure, a rant gets going now and then, but even with the large number of
subscribers (last I heard it was around 3000), we manage to stay on-topic
the majority of the time. This is more than I can say for other discussion
lists.

This list is worth being on if only for the job leads, but it has so
much more to offer. You should really give this list a few weeks before
deciding we're all incompetents. Lurk awhile until you have an issue
to deal with, then ask the list for responses. I think you'll be
surprised.

Regards,

Becky

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=