translation services

Subject: translation services
From: Ginny Allemann <ginny -at- TECHRESOURCE -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 13:55:14 -0700

Greetings-
Does anyone have some good rules of thumb for selecting a translation
service?

I have a series ten "quick guides" (8 ½ x11 laminated cards produced in
Publisher 98) that need to be translated into Spanish (Mexican). What are
good questions to ask when calling translation services? The cards have
relatively little text--- what type of pricing/charge schedule can I expect?
How long does this type of translation typically take?
Should we expect to just get the text, and incorporate it into the
Spanish-language version ourselves?

Any help would be much appreciated. Also-if you know that this has already
been covered at some point and is in the archive, would you let me know how
to access it?
Thanks!

Ginny Allemann
Technology Resource Institute