Re: Tasks versus Job Descriptions. Was: Certification vs Help fr om our members

Subject: Re: Tasks versus Job Descriptions. Was: Certification vs Help fr om our members
From: Toni Williams TPG/SG <towilliams -at- PROCYONGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 08:33:43 -0700

First post:
>> I was in Human Resources for 2 years before switching to
Writing and
>> Testing. I didn't hire a whole lot of tech writers, we hired
mostly
>> developers but the one person that I did, well I was forced
into hiring
>> him. At the interview, his speech patterns were so bad that
>> immediately said "No".

Then Tracy wrote:
<snip>

>However, your comment about his speech patterns concerns me. I
write
>better than I speak (which is why I became a writer), and I'd
hate to
>think someone judged my writing skills based on my speaking
skills.
>Anybody else? Or am I being too sensitive? :-)

Now I write:

I would definitely echo Tracy's concern here:

I write much better than I speak--I tend to get "tongue tied"
when my thoughts speed faster than my tongue can articulate them. But
when writing, I am clear, concise, and to the point. My writing samples
display this. I think the HR person would look to discern other
attributes from the interview but evaluate writing skills from the
samples. Thanks. Just my $.02.

Toni

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=