Military Specifications

Subject: Military Specifications
From: "Donald R. Stovicek" <usadad -at- RAEX -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 12:56:41 -0400

Can anyone on this list point me to a good source of information on
Military Specifications for Technical Manuals?

Though I have been a technical writer for the past 30 years and have
frequently seen job postings requiring familiarity with Mil-Specs, what
they consist of and what is required to become "familiar" with them is
still a mystery.

Are Military Specifications for Technical Manuals something that span
volumes of information or are they contained in some phamphlet or
brochure-size publication?

Does anyone know where they might be viewed online?

Thanks

Don Stovicek
Technical Writer
usadad -at- raex -dot- com