ADMIN: Being nice to each other

Subject: ADMIN: Being nice to each other
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 09:56:39 -0600

Gang,

An earlier posting lambasted the quality and topics
covered on this list (based on four days experience
with it). I took issue with the posting because
I don't see any need to slam list members who
have legitimate questions. If someone thinks that
the comments on the list are ill-informed or
not sophisticated enough, then that person is
welcome to start new threads on different topics
or ignore the other threads, but snide comments
about list discussions revealing the need for
certification are uncalled for and unnecessary.

I've had a couple of off-line exchanges with the
original poster, starting with a rules reminder,
and moving on to explicitly asking this individual
to agree to follow the rules. As a result of the
exchanges with this poster, I've suspended his
posting privileges.

There's ample room on this list for open discussion
of any tech writing related topics, and even for
discussion of the quality of technical writing or of
technical writers, but I expect that those discussions will
be conducted in a professional manner and
without slamming other list members.

In brief, BE NICE.
Eric

* Eric J. Ray, ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com, http://www.raycomm.com/
* _HTML 4 for Dummies Quick Reference_, and others.
* See our overhauled Web site at http://www.raycomm.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=