Goofy PM6 graphics...

Subject: Goofy PM6 graphics...
From: "Bayne, Sonia E." <BAYNESO -at- AMSWORLD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 11:19:36 -0400

Colleen writes:
>snip
HELP! We have created a brochure in 6.0 (Windows 95) and pulled in
some bitmaps. The problem is that if you print the document on anything
other than 81/2 x 11 (we are printing 11 x 17), lines appear next to the
graphics. When we print it to 81/2 x 11, it's fine. Also, these lines
do not
appear electronically; only when you print it.
>snip

Colleen, I'm a Frame user now but used PM5 and 6 a lot until last year.
I've occasionally had the same problem, never found a real "solution".
We did come up with a few workarounds:

1. If the line appears when you print a series of pages, try printing
just the problem page. Very often the line disappears. (Obviously,
that's not much help if you're producing a large number of copies or
sending files to a service bureau!)

2. Take a look in Story Editor to see if there are any stray markers
that could be causing a problem.

3. Are you printing to a PostScript printer? All Adobe products like
them better than our lowly HP printer (whinge), and sometimes a change
of driver can clear up the problem.

4. I've also experienced the reverse problem: I had used PM's drawing
tools to create a diagram, then made some kind of change (such as
another PM version, or different printer): all the straight lines
vanished on printing. Only the curved corners remained, and the only
resolution I could find was to re-create the diagram. Not good...

Hmm, this may not help you much. But at least you'll know you're not
alone! One more suggestion: Olav Martin Kvern writes a column for Adobe
Magazine, and he's the real guru of PM. At the end of his column he does
invite emails to okvern -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com or care of the magazine. You might
get some _real_ information that way!

My .02

Sonia Bayne
mailto:bayneso -at- amsworld -dot- com

"Sometimes I feel like a Slinky on the escalator of life..." -- Patrick
Nolan

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=