Learning Framemaker

Subject: Learning Framemaker
From: Elvin Thurston <evlnt -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 20:50:08 -0400

I am an aspiring software tech writer. Following a major downsize I
am making a career change. I have good computer and commmunication
skills, but no formal qualifications to back them up.

Another snag is that although there are plenty of opportunities ALL
companies want experience. I have been trying to get an internship in
the Boston area but the bottleneck is that too few companies are
willing to cooperate. So only 15-20% of qualified applicants (like
me) get accepted. 50% don't even get an interview.

Other than spending 1-2 years getting a Masters (which I am following
up) does anybody have any ideas about how to get into this exciting
field?

Does anyone know how to get experience with Framemaker without having
job first? No courses in this area!

Elvin Thurston

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=